Sunday, April 29, 2012

Working on some animations

I've been busy working on the environment (which would be a "level" in a game) but it's getting frustrating. I've discovered I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to designing maps. So, I'm dragging myself through this stage. To cheer me up, I'm refining the animatic, picking differents parts of the music and testing some new animations. Here we can see the underwhelming presence of 3dsmax biped.


However, without his great -underlying- help, no animation would be possible. I believe real animators tend to use CAT inside max or even Motionbuilder, but from a filmmaker perspective, nothing beats the simplicity and ease of use of the classic biped. I've been working with it for more than 10 years. You learn to love it and hate it at times, but most of the time, to deal with its capricious behaviour.

No comments: