Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Storyboard/Animatic V01 Completed






Time to get away from 3D for a while and focus on the story. Now I have a working animatic, mostly hand-drawn using my astonishing artist skills in photoshop (*sarcasm*).

My impressively cinematic storyboard shots, in action.

Some issues, of course. Being an overkill shooter as I am, there are LOADS of shots to complete. Well, I imagined it, so I won't start complaining. It's time to start crunching shots. I've identified some problematic shots regarding simulations, but once I get my mocap set working the rest of animations should be pretty straightforward (providing that the general workflow is producing good results as expected).

Runtime: 2 minutes at 24 fps and 720p. Rendering times might be an issue in the long run but I'm not too concerned. I'm not planning on using GI or some fancy things like DOF or Motion blur, all that will be done in post. My general approach is using HDR dome lights and Vraylights with no indirect lighting. That tends to create nice soft realistic shadows without compromising render times.

1 comment: